PFA works hard to make it easy for you to get the permits, plan reviews, and inspections that you need. We've put together a collection of resources below to guide you through every step of the process.
Poudre Fire Authority will be enforcing the 2012 International Fire Code within the City of Fort Collins city limits starting March 31, 2014. Larimer County and the Town of Timnath will still be under the 2006 International Fire Code until further notice. If you have any question please call the the Community Safety and Service Division at 970-416-2891.
Understanding the Plan Review Process
Every commercial project and residential sprinkler within the PFA service area must undergo a formal plan review and a series of inspections as part of the building and occupancy permit process. These reviews and inspections ensure the safety of the finished building.
PFA works closely with contractors to make the plan review process as easy as possible. Our goal is to get your project approved quickly, and to catch problems early when they're easy to fix.
Review the documents and forms below to get started with your plan review. Call PFA's Fire Prevention Bureau at 970-416-2891 if you need additional assistance.
- New Building Plan Review Application
- Tenant Finish Building Plan Review Application
- Sprinkler Plan Review Application
- Fire Alarm Plan Review Application
- Emergency Responder Radio Coverage (ERRC) Applications
- AST/UST Plan Review and Permit Application
- Hood and Duct Plan Review Permit Application
- Solar Photovoltaic Systems Application
- Tent Permit Application
- Inspections Request
- Knox Box Lockup
- Request a Fire Hydrant Flow Test