Serve on the Poudre Valley Fire Protection District(PVFPRD) Board of Directors
The PVFPD Board, one of the “parent” agencies which helps govern PFA, is looking for directors to serve on the board. There will be an election on May 5, 2020. Two directors will be elected to serve three-year terms and two directors will be elected to serve two-year terms. The board has representation on the PFA Board of Directors as well. Members work together and help guide PFA with the goals of: improving response times to emergencies for fire and rescue services; eliminating duplicate services; and reducing costs to both the taxpayers of Fort Collins and the Poudre Valley Fire Protection District.
District Fire Chief
Tom DeMint; 970-416-2870
Patti Forsythe; 970-416-2837
Meetings are open to the public and held in the first-floor conference room at PVFPD's administrative headquarters, 102 Remington St., in Fort Collins. Meetings are at 8:30 a.m. on the Monday preceding the fourth Tuesday of the month, except December which is the second Monday. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request for people with adaptive or functional needs. If an accommodation to participate in these meetings is required, please notify Patti Forsythe at 970-416-2837 at least 10 days in advance of the meeting.
The current mill levy for the District is 10.595 mills.
The total ad valorem tax revenue (property tax) in 2018 was $5,604,463.
Board Members - usually serve a four-year term. Recent legislation changed Special District Elections to odd numbered years starting with the election in May 2023.
Tess Heffernan, Director
James Gentry, Vice Chair
Dave Pusey, Secretary/Treasurer
Mike DiTullio, Director
Landon Hoover, Director
Board Members whose seat will be on the ballot in May 5, 2020:
Michael DiTullio - Four-year term
David Pusey - Four-year term
Landon Hoover - Two-year term
Tess Heffernan - Two-year term
Board Members whose seat will be on the ballot in May 3, 2022:
Tess Heffernan - Three-year term
James Gentry - Three-year term
Landon Hoover - Three-year term
The next regular election is May 5, 2020.
This notice was updated on Sept. 4 2018 by: Board Coordinator Patti Forsythe. Some information herein may be subject to change.
This page was last updated October 8, 2019.
Below are the meeting packets for each meeting
Public Notices Listed Below
- Declaration of Local Disaster Emergency-March 2020
- Joint Posting - PVFPD-PFA - 2020 Joint Dinner May 12, 2020
- Disaster Declaration(00716059_xAF7F5)) (2) (2) signed
- PUBLIC NOTICE March 23 2020 Telephonic Meeting
- 2020 PVFPD Meeting Schedule No Holiday Amended 3-17-2020
- Notice of Cancellation
- 2020 Cancellation of Election and Declaration Deeming Candidates Elected 03042020
- Joint Posting - PVFPD-PFA -Promotion Ceremony 2-28-2020
- PVFPD - Affidivit - Write-In Candidate
- PVFPD - Self-Nomination and Acceptance Forms - 2020
- NOTICE - A Call for Nominations signed
- Joint Posting - PVFPD-PFA - 2019 Award Banquet 02072020
- PVFPD Transparency CORA 10-21-19
- 2019 Joint Posting - PVFPD-PFA - Fire OPS 101 10-21-2019