PFA was established in 1981 through an Intergovernmental Agreement (updated in 2014) between the City of Fort Collins and Poudre Valley Fire Protection District (PVFPD). The goal was to improve fire and rescue services by improving response times to emergencies; and to eliminate duplicate services, thereby reducing costs to both the taxpayers of Fort Collins and the Poudre Valley Fire Protection District.
The Intergovernmental Agreement outlines PFA's funding through a revenue-allocation formula. The City of Fort Collins contributes a portion of sales and use tax, property taxes, and the voter-approved "Keep Fort Collins Great" tax measure, as of 2018. The PVFPD contributes its mill levy (property tax) revenue, as well as pass-through Tax Increment Financing from a partnership with the Town of Timnath.
A five-person Board of Directors, composed of elected members from the PVFPD Board and the Fort Collins City Council, governs PFA. Both the PVFPD Board and City Council appoint two members to serve on the PFA Board of Directors. The fifth member of the PFA Board is appointed by these four members and has historically been the Fort Collins City Manager.
Meetings are held in the conference room at PFA Headquarters at 102 Remington Street at 8:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request for people with adaptive or functional needs. If an accommodation to participate in these meetings is required, please notify the Poudre Fire Authority at 970-416-2834 at least 10 days in advance of the meeting.
PVFPD Board Member
Kristin Stephens, Chair
Mike DiTullio. Vice Chair
PVFPD Board Member
Below are the meeting packets for each meeting.
Public Notices Listed Below
- PFA Declaration_of_Local_Disaster 3-24-20
- Declaration of Local Disaster Emergency-March 2020
- Disaster Declaration(00716059_xAF7F5)) (2) (2) signed
- Joint Posting - PVFPD-PFA - 2020 Joint Dinner May 12, 2020
- PUBLIC NOTICE March 23 2020 Telephonic Meeting
- 2020 PVFPD Meeting Schedule No Holiday Amended 3-17-2020
- 2020 Cancellation of Election and Declaration Deeming Candidates Elected 03042020
- Notice of Cancellation
- Joint Posting - PVFPD-PFA -Promotion Ceremony 2-28-2020
- PVFPD - Affidivit - Write-In Candidate
- PVFPD - Self-Nomination and Acceptance Forms - 2020
- NOTICE - A Call for Nominations signed
- Joint Posting - PVFPD-PFA - 2019 Award Banquet 02072020
- PVFPD Transparency CORA 10-21-19
- 2019 Joint Posting - PVFPD-PFA - Fire OPS 101 10-21-2019
- PVFPD Agenda - 5-12-2020 Joint Work Session