The Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for improving fire safety within our community. Our duties include:
- Conducting fire safety inspections of community businesses
- Inspecting all fire sprinkler systems
- Reviewing plans and inspecting the fire suppression systems for all new construction
- Reviewing and issuing permits for open burns and other events that present a fire risk
- Documenting hazardous materials within our service area
The Bureau is one of the divisions of the Poudre Fire Authority, and is overseen by the Fire Marshal.
See Poudre Fire Authority service area map for details.
The Fire Prevention Bureau is made up of 12 core staff members. See our phone directory for contact information. You can reach our front desk at 970-416-2891. You can learn more about our staff on our Staff Page.
The Fire Prevention Bureau is located on the first floor at:
102 Remington St.
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Phone: (970) 416-2891
Fax: (970) 221-6635