- 5:21 AM - 27 Aug PFA is officially an Accredited agency as the CFAI Commission just awarded PFA Accredited status. More info to follow.;
- 2:31 PM - 26 Aug PFA will be in front of the commission to rule on accredited stays at 8am tomorrow! Wish us luck and stay tuned for hopefully great news!!!;
- 12:31 PM - 26 Aug Accreditation assures citizens served by PFA independent verification and validation that we provide high quality service.;
- 7:31 AM - 26 Aug PFAs pursuit of accredited status has resulted in a 1 minute reduction of total response time to medical emergencies this year!;
Learn CPR. Get the App. Save a Life.
- 4200 S College Ave Restaurant Fire Two Fort Collins Police Services officers, Justin Gallimore and Matt Hahn, worked with off-duty PFA firefighter Jason Gallimore to help save a restaurant from severe damage today. The three were having lunch when they were alerted to a fire in the kitchen. They immediately took action by notifying dispatchers, evacuating the business and attempting to extinguish the fire located on and above a stove. Using two fire extinguishers they were able to slow the fire but not fully extinguish it. Shortly after fire companies arrived fire was shooting above the roof. Firefighters were able to get a quick knockdown thereby containing damage to the kitchen hood vent system.
- Horsetooth Mnt. Open Space Rescue Fort Collins, CO- Similar to an incident just eleven months ago, it took multiple agencies and approximately 45 personnel to bring the rescue of an injured hiker to a successful conclusion. At about 2:30 p.m. yesterday it was reported that a female hiker had fell approximately 20 feet and fractured her leg on Horsetooth Rock located in Horsetooth Mountain Open Space. The hiker was not far from last year’s incident.
- Poudre Fire Authority CFAI Accreditation Site Visit A peer review team representing the Center for Public Safety Excellence (CPSE) has recently completed a site visit as part of the Authority’s application for accredited status from the Commission on Fire Accreditation International (CFAI).
September 20, 2015
2015 Family Safety & Emergency Preparedness Expo
September 26, 2015